Applegarth Avenue, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1RU
£1,250 PCM – A well-presented detached Bungalow with beautiful interior and neutral colours throughout the property. This property has a master bedroom which includes a double glass wardrobe and En-suite. The other two double bedrooms that have all been carpeted gives the property a lovely warm homely feel. Other features of this property include, Gas central heating, hallway storage, lounge, kitchen, built in fridge freezer, electric cooker, private parking space and lots of garden space including a summer house.
The location of this property is within a convenient position of Newton Abbot and has a wide range of amenities and facilities. Including a local hospital, primary and secondary schools, leisure centre, supermarkets, railway station and bus routes.
- Central heating
- Summer House
- Shed Storage
- Private parking space
- Close to Town Centre
- EPC B
The asking rent does not include charges that may be payable before and/or during the duration of the tenancy, therefore you may be required to make one or more of the following permitted payments:
- A tenancy deposit of one months rent
- Interest at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate, for late payment of rent (which is more than 14 days overdue)
- Holding Deposit of 1 weeks rent is required prior proceeding to the referencing stage of your application **
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy when requested by the tenant
- Payments to service providers in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax
- Other payments, permitted under appropriate legislation, including damages.
** A holding deposit is money paid when you’ve agreed to rent a property, but haven’t signed a contract. If you pay a holding deposit you’re guaranteeing you’ll take up the tenancy. If the agents accept it they’re guaranteeing they’ll let the property to you, subject to references being accepted. A holding deposit is set against your first months rent. If the agreement is cancelled, and it’s not your fault and all information you provided upon application was accurate, the holding deposit would be returned to you.
The agent is a member of the Property Redress Scheme and Client Money Protect.